Pages

Mar 6, 2010

No Other Time But Now

Peter's Pictures, Images and Photos

One of the famous lines that I always think of is "There is no other time but now", I really have no idea who originally said this but for me, this seven-letter-word is enough to tell us that we should be doing something right now. Something meaningful and will benefit us and others from. I am always saying this to myself whenever I remember this line but my problem is I am still unable to practice it because of lots of stuff that fill my mind. Distractions and lack of self discipline are my main problems.


There was a text message I received that I still keep in my inbox. This text is about Squidward talking to Spongebob, Spongebob was asked by squidward something like this, "Spongebob why do that thing today if there is tomorrow to finish it?" then Spongebob replied this way. "Because today is yesterday’s tomorrow." Very simple and plain scenario and discussion but has a very significant message for us all.

I know that you have a lot of things that you want to do but we are still struggling on how to take all of them in action. Just always remember that there are so many tomorrows and only one yesterday, tomorrows can be modified by your actions today but not vice versa. Yesterday is yesterday and tomorrow is will be based on your actions today. So why not do all things that you want to do today instead of tomorrow, next week, next month or year. If there is a right time to do your plans, it is today not any other time.

It is hard to live today because of the distractions and temptations around us. We are being dragged away of these things from our priorities in life. Things that we should be doing are being set aside that makes some of us ended up being looser or have achieved and done nothing.

© Youth Under Christ's Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment