Pages

May 8, 2009

Jer.29:11



I believe every Christian ought to commit Jeremiah 29:11 to memory: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


As I remember, this passage was told by God to His people, the Jews, during the time when they were being captured by the Babylonians. If I were in their situation, I would feel that future and hope are no longer possible for us to achieve and our world has finally ended. They may have thought that God had forgotten about them and their situation.

So God reassured them of their future by saying "For I know the plans I have for you,plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Naiisip ko tuloy na na maaari may mga tao dito ngayon na iniisip na baka tuluyan na silang kinalimutan at pinabayaan ng Diyos. Maaaring hinaharap nila ngayon ang napakahirap na suliranin sa kanilang buhay.

Isipin na lang natin na sa kabila ng kalagayan ng mga Hudyo sa kamay ng mga taga-babylon, ang Diyos ay may nakalaan pa rin magandang plano para sa kanilang buhay.

Israel was being disciplined for their disobedience. Not because God hated them, but because God loved them.

Kung sa tingin mo ay dinidisiplina ka ni God ngayon, nais ko na alalahanin mo ito: Revelation 3:19 (ESV) "Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent."

So because God loves us and we are His child, He will do all the necessary things in our life so we can be the people He wants us to be. So next time you feel that God has forgotten you just remember Jeremiah 29:11.

No comments:

Post a Comment